Vortex of Might - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Confusion?

2 posters

Go down

Confusion? Empty Confusion?

Post  Senra Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:26 pm

A couple of recent things.

• Vadasz asked me today "how do you upload screenshots to the site?". I could not answer him. I did have a quick look but could not work it out. Do I recall we have to email you to get screenshots on the site?
  • Tzuyan queried the need to log into both the site and the forum. I explained that that really was not an issue. Although it made me think too. Do I need to register for the site?
As an aside, and in my humble opinion, people might use the forum more than the site anyway. Especially as they can include pictures in their posts. A lot depends on how many people register and start using the forum which leads me to...

• we need to promote the forum Smile
Senra
Senra

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-03-03

http://www.flickr.com/photos/grytr

Back to top Go down

Confusion? Empty Re: Confusion?

Post  Galadria Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:52 pm

Aw, yes, I thought these questions would come someday...

As for Vadasz' question: No. I chose a gallery where users cannot upload pictures themselves, since this would probably cause people to upload too much. We don't need 5 screenshots of the Maiden dead, and we don't need 10 pictures of someone doing something dumb behind an AFK Undead in the BG's... Short said: I'm afraid some people would upload crap, and it would use up too much space, and end up in a disaster. So yeah, send them to me, I'm really not picky, I'm just making sure that the same screens are not shown over and over again, and that we don't look like idiots to the outside world ^^'

And no again, there is no login on the site, it's just meant as an info base with some extras for the fun of it. It's also meant as an advertisement for the guild, when we need to promote ourselves, like when people who want to become members want to know more about us, they can read it all on the site.

Well, it's kinda hard to promote the fourm when no one knows the site in the first place, that's why I'm asking people now and then to send in some infos for the memberlist, and maybe send in some screens, so that other members maybe wanna play along. It's no fun unless we are more people working on it.

---

Owww, sorry for the late edit, I hope you see it anyway. Well, you actually CAN log in to the site, if it's the news you mean. As I wrote in another topic, and the news themselves, every officer of VoM can send me a mail (or PM in here) with your mains name, and some random password you want. Then I'll add you as a newswriter, and you can write on the main site, if you've got news to tell of course.
Galadria
Galadria
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-02-20

http://vortex-of-might.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum