Vortex of Might - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wondering...

3 posters

Go down

Wondering... Empty Wondering...

Post  Galadria Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:18 pm

I just found this site called Murloc Mafia, and took a look around for inspiration.
It's a Horde guild on the server Shattered Halls, and they have this neat feature DKP which they got from EQdkp.
This lil feature is quite interesting I think, but is it something we could use for our guild too on the page?
Galadria
Galadria
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-02-20

http://vortex-of-might.com

Back to top Go down

Wondering... Empty Re: Wondering...

Post  Senra Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:07 pm

For those not aware, EQDkp is one of many implementations of a dragon kill point (DKP) system widely used in MMORPG's - including wow.

Such DKP systems vary in the detail but essentially all have the same aim. To provide an (hopefully) fair method of awarding loot to members based on criteria. The criteria chosen varies on the game itself (in our case WoW), and the wishes of the members. In general, a DKP system will seek to award loot based on combinations of raid attendance and loot value. Even DKP systems, which are of course designed to be fairer than dice rolling, have their faults. Some systems, for example, force sharding to occur if no one in the raid has enough DKP for the loot in question, even if someone wants or could use the item!

In VoM, we use the VoM loot rules based around the Blizzard looting. This system is fair for medium level dungeons (up to and including Za for example). Indeed, our system benefits the under-geared member more than any DKP system would. Strictly, I would suggest that our GU Gruul's Lair runs should use DKP. However, this is really very hard to implement in a fair an equitable manner across guilds.

If VoM became a more hard-core raiding guild and members had more regular access to higher content such as Gruul's lair or above, then I would agree, a DKP system should be considered. Until then, everyone should learn the VoM loot rules and be able to apply them to all their raids.
Senra
Senra

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-03-03

http://www.flickr.com/photos/grytr

Back to top Go down

Post  Aldrundir Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:23 pm

I've seen DKP system in action and it is nice indeed. But like Senra said, more of hardcore raiding guilds, or even better with raiding communities. I used it at my boyfriend's place. He's in The Dark Embrace guild on our realm. But their raiding community split up now.
For us, the VoM will be more than good enough Smile

But I just thought about something that has to do with the DKP system. You get points per run you join, isn't it? If so, that kinda sucks for people that have got a life and only got time for a few runs a month. Then the people with no life and raid every day have got lots of advantage. That's not fair in my eyes. Or didn't the system work like that? Oh well, every system has got its positive and negative sides.

But good point, Gala.

Aldrundir
Aldrundir
Aldrundir

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Galadria Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:30 pm

Yeah, may be too hard for us now... But I just thought, that if anyone uses it, or we use it someday, that the statistic that Murloc Mafia has got, may be a good way to show other people how we are... Erh, or what/how we do Razz
Galadria
Galadria
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-02-20

http://vortex-of-might.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Senra Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:04 pm

How we are can be seen by Warcrafter.net.

What we do can be seen by Vortex of Might events.

And how we all can improve can be seen by the excellent improvements gained by Thunderstruc in just a few houre today! A bit of gear; a few enchants and hey presto! More spell poer! Well done Thunderstruc.
Senra
Senra

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-03-03

http://www.flickr.com/photos/grytr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum