Vortex of Might - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild quartermasters - an idea in development

2 posters

Go down

Guild quartermasters - an idea in development Empty Guild quartermasters - an idea in development

Post  Senra Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:57 pm

We should consider appointing guild quartermasters. A quartermaster would be responsible for organising gathering and crafting for a particular profession. They should know who in the guild is able to gather/craft specific items and organise easily achievable quotas for those members that meet individual playstyles.

The overall aim of this approach is to reduce all members personal expenses by providing cheaper (than AH) consumable materials in the bank for all to use. In addition, if we get it right, we can appoint crafters with mastery (e.g. alchemists potion mastery) which again, reduce the overall cost of consumables for the benefit of all.

We should never force anyone to participate. Volunteers only.
Failure to meet a quota means the quota is reduced, not the member penalised.
In principle, any gatherers should be encouraged to sell their goods for their own benefit. Only reasonable surplus should be donated to the guild.

I am reluctant to produce a list of items which we could focus on to start with as naturally, such a list would be biased towards my own needs. Rather, I will state generalities...
  • Buff foods
  • potions
  • Oils
  • flasks
  • primals
I should finally state that in my case, as an enchanter, I collect dust and shards. I make these available to the guild for free. If you need an enchant, ask me or better still, whisper me or one of my alts with "!enchant" plus slot/stat (e.g. "!enchant boots agi") to determine if I have the enchant you require. Then ask me if I have the mats BEFORE purchasing them yourself. Truly they are free to everyone in the guild (if I have the mats at the time of asking). Of course, if you wish to donate items to me to disenchant for the guild, feel free to do so.
Senra
Senra

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-03-03

http://www.flickr.com/photos/grytr

Back to top Go down

Guild quartermasters - an idea in development Empty Re: Guild quartermasters - an idea in development

Post  Galadria Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:01 pm

A pity you could not make it to the guild meeting yesterday. We made some huge decisions about what to happen in the future, and Chill is already working on it.

The idea is great, though I think we need more members to carry it our for everyone to have it work. I donate buff food when online, since the secondary skills are all I really have. I send my herbs to my alchemist to make elixirs for my priest when raiding, and skinning is my only real income now. But I would still be happy to donate to the ones in need.
Galadria
Galadria
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-02-20

http://vortex-of-might.com

Back to top Go down

Guild quartermasters - an idea in development Empty Re: Guild quartermasters - an idea in development

Post  Senra Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:41 pm

Just a stupid thought but do you think someone who was at the meeting could report the decisions made? Who was appointed to do what etc? Could be useful to refer back to at a later point in time and would help plebs like me who for whatever excuse could not attend the meeting Smile
Senra
Senra

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-03-03

http://www.flickr.com/photos/grytr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down